The JOU3109 teaching team wants to thank each of you for your work in the course this semester.
We know the course has been a challenge in a number of ways, including:
- Learning a variety of new writing forms — from news stories to Twitter, from news releases to blogging.
- Having your writing evaluated in a more “intense” way than you have been graded before.
- Writing on deadline and writing in a group setting.
We also hope that you have seen a number of improvements:
- Being able to develop interview questions and conduct interviews.
- Being a better editor of your own writing.
- Having materials (i.e., résumé, cover letter and portfolio) to help you in seeking out internships and jobs.
- Having an online presence with Twitter and your blog that shows you know how to use social media in a professional way.
Here’s an update on course grades:
- Your lecture grade is posted in Canvas.
- You should pick up your lab grade from your lab instructor.
- Use the formula in the lecture syllabus (pp. 5-6) to calculate your grade and then determine what letter grade you have earned.
- Once you receive your grades from UF, contact me if you have a question about your grade.
We’ve heard from quite a few of you that you have internships for the summer. That’s great. I’d also encourage you to:
- Create or update your LinkedIn profile
- Keep blogging and tweeting (in a professional) way to add to your online persona.
- Work on your grammar and AP style skills.
Best wishes for a good summer!